So much has been said and is still being said about drinking beer and alcohol in general. Among the things said about partaking in this beverage, which is something we bet that you’ve also heard is that, too much of this alcoholic drink is harmful to your health. Well, it’s true. Too much if anything — be it sugar or salt – is harmful to your health. However, there is something you probably didn’t know. Beer is actually healthy for you! But this doesn’t mean that you should go and over-indulge in this drink. The only way you’ll get to enjoy the health benefits that come with consuming beer (craft beer too) is if you drink it in moderation.
We took our time to do some research which included going through some beer reviews and came up with a list of the health benefits you can enjoy from drinking beer in moderation. Read on to learn more.
Health Benefits of Beer
Before we get into the goodies that your body can enjoy if you moderately consume this beverage, let’s first talk about what is contained in beer.
In general, all bottles of beer, whether from large breweries or small ones contain zinc, niacin, riboflavin, and vitamin B. A single bottle, on the other hand, contains 48 mg of phosphorus, 14 mg of calcium, and 92 mg of potassium.
Beer has antiviral properties that can help your body fight against viruses that cause diseases such as bronchitis and pneumonia. Other than that, by drinking just two glasses of beer, your body will have received at least 10 percent of the recommended fiber intake. Beer also contains nicotinic acid and lactoflavin, which are two compounds that help in promoting restful sleep.
Some of the other benefits that you can enjoy from moderately partaking in this alcoholic beverage include:
- Reduce your chance of suffering from a heart disease, stroke, or heart attack by 31 percent.
- Reduce your chances of developing a kidney stone by 41 percent.
- If you are a man, you are less likely to develop diabetes if your drink one or two glasses of beer a day.
- Your HDL-cholesterol levels will be raised to levels that are within the perfect range.
- For ladies, you’ll be 31 percent less likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis by drinking three to five bottles a week.
- Beer is rich in dietary silicone, therefore, drinking moderate amounts will make your bones stronger.
- Beer contains flavonoids and antioxidants, which are known to reduce the risk for cancer, especially prostate cancer in men.
- You’ll also reduce your risk of suffering from dementia if you take moderate amounts of this beverage.
- It reduces your risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s disease resulting from high levels of aluminum in your body
- The yeast in beer can strengthen your hair and the malt nourish it.
- Drinking this alcoholic drink can increase the shine of your skin and the rate at which your hair grows, and also reduce development of acne.
- It can also protect your skin from damage caused by the sunlight as it contains ferulic acid.
So, when you visit any of the 2021 beer festivals, remember to drink moderate amounts of the refreshing drink to enjoy it’s health benefits.